Monday, February 1, 2010

Taylor Gave Swift, Painful Kick to Rhiannon


I have never really been a Taylor Swift fan. But I've also never had much bad to say about her. I found her music a little boring, but it was good enough. And I respect that she writes her own stuff and plays instruments. And as you can see above, she is a very pretty young woman.

Here comes the big BUT:

What she did to Rhiannon with Stevie Nicks last night on the Grammys is truly unforgettable - and not in a good way. She made Stevie Nicks sound good.

I have heard other people say Taylor couldn't sing, and I never really thought that - until last night. She seemed completely oblivious to the fact that she was not even close to singing the right notes. I mean, she wasn't flat or sharp, she was galactically wrong.

I heard one person suggest she was drunk. Does drinking make her deaf? I was a little tipsy watching it, and I could tell she was fucking it up!

I waited 'til today to see if I really wanted to blog about this. It seems like kicking a "bitch" while she is down. But then she won for Album of the Year - over GaGa and Beyonce - and I thought, fuck it. That tone deaf bitch can take a beatdown.

So, to you Taylor Swift, I say this: don't take it to heart. Bob Dylan is a true artist, a poet of his generation, and he can't really sign either. Just stick to writing and keep the singing in the studio where the engineers and reverb can fix it. It's what Brittany does, and it seems to work for her.

Also, all you cool cats who mock American Idol - did you hear Carrier Underwood and Jennifer Hudson? They sounded fantastic! Maybe the rest of the music industry can use a little Hollywood Week and Simon-judging - DAWG.

No comments:

Post a Comment